Saturday, June 11, 2011

Big Brother & The Holding Company

http://bbhc.com/eshop/images/bbhc_jj.jpg
Album: Big Brother & The Holding Company
Artist: Big Brother & The Holding Company
Mediafire download
Rec'd by: WichitaQ

First off, I know nothing about Psychedelic Rock, or music from the 60s in general. The only thing in my library from the era is Jimi Hendrix, and while I enjoy a couple of his songs, a lot of them just don't appeal to me. Unfortunately, I felt the same way about Big Brother & The Holding Company. There were songs that liked (Intruder, The Last Time, Blindman), but ultimately, everything sounded the same and there wasn't enough there to really catch my attention. I can see that Janis Joplin was talented and put a lot of emotion into her singing, but I just couldn't get into the music.
2/5

Man, writing a review is hard.
And thanks for the recommendation WichtaQ. I'm sorry I didn't really like it.